quesWant to File SLP but delay is 1.5 Years can I file by condolence

Dear Sir/ Madam, I am so late delay is more than one year, can I file a SLP civil in supreme court of India but I am so late delay is more than 1.5 years. Is court accept my Case now for hearing... Please advise Sunil

• ansWe can file the SLP with an application for condonation of delay. Whether or not the court will accept such an application will depend upon the reasons for delay and also the questions of law. If you would like me to carry out a broad assessment and discuss this case further with you, please feel free to set up a meeting through lawpracto.

Advocate Pritika Kumar

Palam Vihar, Gurgaon

• ansDelay if genuine can always be condoned irrespective of time gap. It is well settled through catena of judgments that delay (genuine & justifiable) of any kind, in any matter (sic), cannot defeat the (substantial) justice.

Advocate Sanjeeva Gupta

High Court, Panchkula