Received my payment from PWD after 8 years. Can I claim interest?
I received my final balance payment from Central Mumbai (PW) Division, Worli on 17.10.2016 after 8 years with the help of Additional Chief Secretary (PWD). They with held my payment because I refused to pay bribe. Can I claim interest? I took personal load from Standard Chartered Bank @ 19% interest to execute their order and raised 26 Invoices in 2008 & 2010. They made part payment in 2011, 2014, 2015 & final payment on 17.10.2016. During these years, I claimed interest and sought information regarding the reason of non-payment through letters and RTI. One lawyer told me that I am lucky that I received payment. As per law if I have not filed any case or served them any legal notice within 3 years, I am not entitled to claim my payment & they can refuse. Please clarify and let me know whether I can claim interest. Regards
yes you can claim interest from the authority for delayed payment. But before that you need to clarify what kind of bribe they expect from you and for what purpose? Why u have denied it? For more PM me.
Advocate Bharat Pandirao PawarVishrantwandi, Pune
Hi it is true that after three years you cannot claim for money which is pending but you are government servant and government is liable to pay you salary or your last final settlement amount as soon as possible. yes you can apply to respective court for delay in payment of your amount.
Advocate Mrutyunjay Mahendra BhokhareDombivali, Mumbai
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Where can a person file a case for harassment
- Blank cheque drawn as security but deposited in bank and got bounced
- Clarification regarding withdrawn of allegation.
- Daughter's share in mother's property
- Getting married again can I still get pension of my dead husband