quesProtest Petition for Encroachment of Road

My neighbour has encroached a 20 ft road ( our area is under Panchayat board) running adjacent to his plot Tahsildar did remove encroachment as its mentioned as road in FMB and layout.Right now neighbour has encroached the road again stating that he has registered the road 20* 60= 1200 sq ft with help of layout owner in 2007 and produced a document.Can we lodge a protest petition with Registrar office We have a letter from Tahsildar stating that encroachment of the road by neighbour has been removed. Please advice on how to go about on this issue

  • ansYou have to find out whether the road is a public road as per the Lay-out. If so, civil suit will lie to evict him from encroaching the road. A public road cannot be bought or sold by registered document. By filing civil suit such document can be declared void.

    Advocate A Narayanan

      Parry's Corner, Chennai

  • ansIf you have enough evidence to prove that the land is a pathway you could file a declaration suit to declare that the particular road is a common pathway and the alleged registered deed as null and void before the civil court. This is the only way to put an end to this issue.

    Advocate Vasavi Sridevi Sivanandam

      Madras High Court, Chennai

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Civil lawyers in India

Civil Lawyers in India

Advocate Diva Arora Menon

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Vishal V Birajdar

  Andheri West
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Namrata Jayakar

 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Karunasish Chakraborty

  Old Post office street
 Experience: 27 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly