quesOpened up beauty salon committee not allowing to put signage board

We are in the process of setting up premium beauty services in a residential building. This office is located on ground floor and has commercial license for it. The managing committee of the building is opposing to putting up signage board outside. Are there any specific rules for the same ? Can I get approvals from local municipal council ?

The applicable regulations differ from one area to another as different local bodies have different policies with respect to outdoor hoaordings. For example, in Delhi if your shop/establishment is in the areas controlled by MCD outdoor advertisement devices visible to the public, are governed by provisions of section 142 to 146 of the Delhi Municipal Act. As per the provisions of the DMC Act, prior permission of the Commissioner is needed to display any advertisement to public view. Feel free to contact the LawRato team for further assistance.