How can i get a case reopened.
OUR CIVIL WRIT PETITION WAS ONE SIDED DECIDED BY COURT SINGLE BENCH ON 11/5/2014 ON THE GROUND THAT OUR ADVOCATE DID NOT ATTEND ON THE DATE OF HEARING . HE WAS ILL AND HE DIED, WHICH WE DID NOT KNOW. NOW IS IT POSSIBLE IF WE WANT TO REOPEN THE CASE FOR ARGUMENTS KINDLY ADVISE EXACTLY ANY CLAUSE OF TIME FOR REOPENING .
if the order is not decided on merits or having any apparent error you have to file a review petition along with a application fort condoning the delay in filing of review application. you can also move misc. application for clarification/modification of the order dated 11.5.2014. before filing of any application or review petition seek advice of lawyer showing him entire brief of the matter and the order also.
Advocate Hemant TaylorKaveripath Mansarovar, Jaipur
Yes, you can file restoration application under Article 226 of the Constitution of India read with order 9 rule 9 of the Civil Procedure Code, 1908. You have to annex the certified copy of the judgment and order dated 11.05.2014 with the aforesaid application. There is no time limit for filing such an application provided you are in a position to satisfy the court the reasons for delay.
Advocate Siddharth TatiyaParsvnath City, Jodhpur
Yes, you can file an application for restoration of your case in Writ Petition before the Hon'ble High Court. In the interest of justice that no matter gets dismissed due to fault of an advocate, the court normally allow and restore cases dismissed in default.
Advocate Vibhor SharmaKhatipura, Jaipur
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Company and VAT registration process
- is it compulsory to take the custody of the child?
- Company using similar name we have registered trademark what to do
- Distribution of property in case death of legal owner there is no will
- Is a live in relation legal if i am a married person?