quesGift deed from father to son


4members FAMILY ( husband, WIFE, son and younger daughter )
after my mother's death, entire property was in mother's name,
sON, i got it transferred( registered) to my name, through release deed, they both father and younger sister have signed together on same deed,

now they want to claim, is their any option of father and sister, reclaiming the property,

now i want to transfer property ( gift deed) to my wife's name,

after this also can they claim,

please suggest,

  • ansQ. Family of four, property in mother's name. one her demise both father & sister executed release deed. Now asking for share back.
    Answer: 1. Not clear whether it was mother's self acquired property or from ancestral or purchased by husband in wife name.
    2. father & sister executed release deed after mother death, after how many months.
    3. How many years passed since execution of released deed, very crucial question to understand Limitation period.
    4. Once can file case for cancellation of that documents on various grounds.
    5. It's not advisable to transfer the said property in wife name or transfer in anyone else name as that will amount to color-able transaction.
    6. we recommend to file caveat before appropriate court as per jurisdiction.
    for further guidance may approach a lawyer in person with all papers

    Advocate Shilpa Sharad

      RMV Extension, Bangalore

  • ansIf your father and sister are able to establish that you had obtained release deed from them fraudulently in your name, then there are chances of their reclaiming the property. You may gift the property to your wife now by means of a gift deed but it would not sustain if your father and sister prove that the release deed is not executed by them or they had to execute the same under threat or coerce.

    Raghavendra Rao B.K.

      Malleshwaram, Bangalore

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Civil lawyers in India

Similar questions

What are the state regulations(India) for installing cctv in workplace. If there are any licensing…
I am willing to do sperm donation, before doing so want to know any legal…
What is the Format of filing PIL in supreme court? Can NALSA be used to…
hello i want to know one thing and that is i am planning to open…

Civil Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Vikram Ojha

 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Namrata Jayakar

 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Diva Arora Menon

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly