quesCan person belonging to BC-C avail benefits under SC-ST Atrocities Act

A person belonging to BC-C (SC converted to Christian) can avail benefit's under SC-ST Atrocities Act.?Let us know the procedure to be followed by Police Men when a case is filed under SC-ST Atrocities Act.?Is it bailable offense.? What should be done when complaint filled is not registered by Police Men(accused is influencing them with money).?

• ansAs per this query you are belonging to BC-C but you're converted into Cristian, but you have not stated when you converted into Cristian, on what process your conversation is to be made, if your explain the same whether you have avail atracity benefits or not I can say.

Advocate Konakanchi Srinivasa Rao

Nandigama, Vijayawada

• anssee as per the new amended act for prevention of atrocities against sc and st they sdpo only can investigate the matter as where as to the taking benefits under BC -c is a advantage to you during the course of trial so try to get collect all the information in paper and keep it under rap for getting admission during the course of trial

Advocate Innamuri Balasubramanyam

Rajamahendravaram, Rajahmundry

• ansHI
    Any case under sc-st atrocities act is a non bailable.
    A SC converted to christianity CANNOT avail the benefits of SC-ST Act
    you should file a complaint in the court under section 156(3) read with section 190 of Code of Criminal Procedure to a judicial Magistrate/ Metropolitan Magistrate praying that directions be issued to police to register the FIR., investigate the case, file charge-sheet or report.

Advocate Rajagopalan