queswife seeking custody of child after 4 years divorce

my divorce by mutual consent came through in nov 2011..cos' of lack of career and parental support and logistics constraints had to give the custody of my 7 year old son to my ex husband..wanted to know if i have the right to claim custody of my son after i have sorted things out and have made a career and can also match up to the material comforts that my ex husband can provide him now and in case he gets remarried then is it that i get the custodial right of my son automatically ? please help.

  • ansYou can file a child custody case against your husband before the district court where the child is residing under section 25 of GWA read with section 12 of GWA for interim relief for visitation right.
    But ultimately it is the child in whose favor the court will decide. So if your child decides to stay with his father, then it will be in your ex husbands favor.

    And if your ex husband has remarried then child custody can not came to you automatically.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Child Custody lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hello, my wife wants to stay away from me because she wants to stay with…
A hindu person, not having a son, adopt his own widow daughter's minor son. Adoption…

if a child is born out of wedlock & biologicl mother gives NOC 2 a…

Hi, I m widow, my son is 8 n half yrs old.His grandparents wants to…

Child Custody Lawyers in India

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Diva Arora Menon

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Sukhwinder Singh Rai

  District Court, Ludhiana
 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Namrata Jayakar

 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly