Son was taken by in-laws when i was arrested?
My committed suicide and my parents are not alive. I was arrested under section 304B and 498A. I got bail after 10 months. When i was arrested they took my son from me who was 3 years old at that time. How can i get my son back?
Since the mother of the child is no more, that means you, the father, are the natural guardian of the child.
In order to obtain the custody and guardianship, you may file an application under the Guardianship and Wards Act.
And legally also, under the above Act, being the father, you are entitled to get the guardianship of your son.
Your in-laws have no right to keep your child. During the lifetime of the parents the paternal or maternal grand parents of the child cannot claim any right to keep the child with themselves, and deprive him/her of parental love.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Dad purchased plot years back now children of seller threatening
- Marriage Certificate for a US citizen
- Builder has changed the layout & increased the FAR without telling
- Transporter not delivering my articles what can we do
- Brother made another Will of father when father was mentally ill.