Original mother troubling after giving the child to adopted mother.
My sister adopted a child 12 years back. It was adopted through somebody. Now the original mother is harassing and claiming the child back. She has also filed a civil case. She comes up to sister house and calls out the baby and is also troubling us by reaching out to the child in the school. What can we do in such a situation? We have all the proper documents of the adoption.
Sir/Madam, in your situation the first step would be to file a police complaint against the said person and seek protection for your child against her. You may among other measures also file a civil suit for injunction to restrain her from approaching the child.
Advocate Rajat JosephNizamuddin East, Delhi
Both civil and criminal remedies are available. Criminal Complaint by the adoptive parents can be filed against the original mother. Protection can be sought. Civil suit seeking injunction/ directions can be filed stopping her to harrasse the child.
Advocate Ashima PuriSaket District Court, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Need to file a case against Madhya Pradesh Education board
- Builder charged 18% late payment but gave less for delayed possesion
- Interest on NPA in suit dismissed for banks default on restoration
- recent supreme court judgement on LIC temporary employees
- Is other person's presence necessary while gifting them my property?