quesMother has taken daughter with her not wiling to return. What to do?

Need assistance for my brother. He is married for 12 years and has 2 kids and his wife is hugely influenced by his mother in law. Their son and daughter left them due to her interfernce. My brother's wife has picked up a fight and left for mumbai with his daughter and says will never return.


My brother's daughters school has opened and she has been missing school for almost a month. They plan to put her some local, low standard school in Mumbai without taking a TC.


Need advice how to bring back the daughter as she is studying in a very good school in Delhi.


  • ans


    Your brother's wife does not have the right to take their daughter with her to Mumbai without the consent of the husband. Your brother can file a petition for the custody of his daughter and depending upon the facts and how well your brother presents the case, the court shall decide as to whom the custody should be granted.


    Your brother can also file a petition for restitution of conjugal rights if he wants to stay with his wife or for a dissolution of marriage on the grounds of cruelty if he wants a Divorce. Your brother's wife's actions clearly amount to mental cruelty.


  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Child Custody lawyers in India

Similar questions

We r not divorced yet. But I want my child Custody. He is around 7…
My wife & in-laws left my house along with my 1yr old daughter without information…

My sister has a son who is 8 years and a daughter who is 10…

under which Section can the Parents claim for the custody of the child?

Child Custody Lawyers in India

Advocate Diva Arora Menon

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Sukhwinder Singh Rai

  District Court, Ludhiana
 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Namrata Jayakar

 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Saurabh Dalal

  Punjab and Haryana High Court
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly