how can i stop my parents from adopting my child against my wishes
I am divorced and my parents want to adopt my child and then get me married to someone. I am ok with a 2nd marriage but do not want them to adopt my child. How can i stop them?
Your parents cannot adopt the child legally, unless you want them to adopt.
During the lifetime, the child will be in your custody and they cannot force you to give the child.
File a complaint against them as the motives of your parents are against your wishes.
The law may not permit such adoption during your lifetime. In any event your consent is essential without which no adoption can be effected
Advocate Rajat JosephNizamuddin East, Delhi
Please specify About you first:
What is your gender?
What is your Age?
what is the age of your baby?
answer these queries to get right answer.
Adv Mohan S.
Advocate Mohan SJanakpuri, Delhi
Your parents cannot adopt the child legally ,unless you want them to adopt.During the lifetime ,the child will be in your custody and they cannot force you to give the child.File a complaint against them.Though the motives of your parents are bonafide they cannot act against your wishes.
Advocate Ritesh IsaacBengali Market, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can we get any share in the property if a nominee has been chosen?
- Tenant not vacating after expiry of contract
- Converting driveway into play area is legal within an apartment
- What options if wife changes mind after consenting for mutual divorce?
- Wife needs a divorce.