denied to meet my child by my wife
My wife has denied me the permission to meet my child and she does not allow me to even talk to him. What can I do?
A parent can claim the custody / visitation rights of the child under Section 7 and 17 of the gurdianship Act and under section 12 of the Hindu Minority Act.
Section 17 in The Guardians and Wards Act, 1890 is mentioned below for your understanding:
Matters to be considered by the Court in appointing guardian.—
(1) In appointing or declaring the guardian of a minor, the Court shall, subject to the provisions of this section, be guided by what, consistently with the law to which the minor is subject, appears in the circumstances to be for the welfare of the minor.
(2) In considering what will be for the welfare of the minor, the Court shall have regard to the age, sex and religion of the minor, the character and capacity of the proposed guardian and his nearness of kin to the minor, the wishes, if any, of a deceased parent, and any existing or previous relations of the proposed guardian with the minor or his property.
(3) If minor is old enough to form an intelligent preference, the Court may consider that preference.
(4) The Court shall not appoint or declare any person to be a guardian against his will.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Nigerian Fraud victim
- How to stop a soap factory from operating in a residential area
- How much value of stamp paper should we purchase for power of attorney
- Can the brother sell the property?
- Boyfriend posted a nude pic w/o consent. How to gather evidence in it?