Can i challenge the custody of children which was given to ex husband?
Can the custody of kids which is with my ex husband currently be challenged in case he is not allowing me to meet them or talk to them and is not taking proper care of them? I have taken Divorce last month and the custody of my kids is with my ex husband.
Before our Divorce was finalized, he was giving me the comfort of talking to our kids and also he was not going on tours so frequently. But now things have changed. Can I fight for the custody for my kids now?
I don't need their maintainence amount from him but just need the custody. Kindly advise.
Yes, you can challenge the order for grant of custody based on the ground of change in circumstances. You shall have to adduce evidence to prove to the Court as to why the custody should be granted to you.
We shall be in better position to guide you if we could know the reasons as to why the custody was granted to the father in the first place.
Was there any written agreement under which custody was given to your husband?
Kindly share all details along with the court judgement so that we can guide you in a better way.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- FDR status in state commission
- Cheque bounce case filed. Accused not appearing in court.
- Child custody enquiry of unmarried single Father
- Paid part consideration for land now owner sold land to third party
- Can a grandson claim a share in the property of his grandparents