can child custody go to in laws after i marry again
Dear sir , My wife had comitted suicide , when my daughter was 2.5 year old . the police case is over.now i am looking forward for a second marriage , and my inlaws have told me , if i get married again they will take away custody of my daughter. just want to understand the law ?
Only the fact that you are doing second marriage cannot be a ground for custody of kid to inlaws. They cannot forcefully take the child and if they do you can file complaint against them.
In case they have a strong case against you in that case they have to file petition in court to claim custody of kid.
mere you are doing second marriage cannot be a ground fo custody of kid to inlaws. They cannot forcefully take the child and if they do you can file complaint against them. They if have strong case against You in that case they have to file petition in court to claim custody of kid.
Advocate Pramod KaleDistrict Court, Shivajinagar, Pune
You being natural guardian your in laws HV no right to take custody.
Advocate Uday JadhavBibvewadi, Pune
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Registry in my father's and my name can I transfer whole in my name
- Is there limit to the number of companies i could register in my name?
- Does civil court has right to do land partition?
- Can I build a house on agricultural land
- How to register lucky draw