queswhat legal action if 4 cheques have bounced

I am a business man and I have given material to a customer. He has given me 4 cheques but all the cheques have been dishonored. Its almost 11 months back. I was giving them time to repay but now we are confirmed that he will not give back our payment. So please help us and guide us what action we can take against his dishonored cheques?

  • ansYou could have filed a case for cheque bounce against this man as a cheque bounce case being a criminal case is a big deterrent. However, as 10 months have lapsed from the date of bouncing of cheques you have lost the right to file a cheque bounce criminal case now. Your legal remedy now is to file a case for recovery of amount covered by the cheques.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Cheque Bounce lawyers in India

Cheque Bounce Lawyers in India

Advocate Sukhwinder Singh Rai

  District Court, Ludhiana
 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Diva Arora Menon

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Sunil Kadam

 Experience: 9 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly