quesWhat is the procedure to be followed in case of cheque bounce

Have a cheque of 5000 rs from a person which is bounced because of insufficient balance. Now advocate demand 4000 rs for applying this matter in court. Is it worth that for 5000 rs I have to pay 4000 rs to an advocate. What is your advice in this matter

  • ansyou can negotiate with your lawyer, further court will award you the litigation cost. .

  • ansAfter the cheque is bounced you are bound to send the concerned person a legal notice for initiating proceedings under section 138 of Negotiable Instruments Act.

    If within 15 days the payment is not made you can register a complaint under section 138 of NI act which is a criminal proceeding. This needs to be filed within 30 days of the completion of 15 days of the notice delivery date.

    Alongwith that you can file a recovery suit / summary suit in the concerned civil court simultaneously.

    Advocate Siddhant Sharma

      Greater Kailash-1, Delhi

  • Send a legal notice for cheque bounce @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Cheque Bounce lawyers in India

Similar questions

Sir/madam g mera 40000 da cheque bounce ho gya hai g. kise agent ne mere…
As i am dealing with company who have taken cash against cheque bounce and already…
Dear sir, 2 Cheque of rs 5,000 and 10,000 bounced in the period of demonetisation…
Hi There, I have given some money to one of my relative. That time he…

Cheque Bounce Lawyers in India

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly