What is the procedure for cheque bounce case
I am a trader. I received a cheque from my customer against some goods supplied to him. The cheque was dated 28/07/2016. It was presented on 17/10/2016 & it got bounced. Again presented on 25/10/2016 & again got bounced. Now today 30 days has been passed. Can I still sue him under section 138 of negotiable instrument act?
Yes definitely you can sue your customer under section 138 NIA. You have to mention reason for delay. Send him a legal notice after that you can file 138 NIA against the person. The delay in sending notice or filing complaint will be condoned.
Advocate Shivam SoodGhumar Mandi, Ludhiana
No you can not sue bcs 30 days time period has been elapsed .with in three months from date of cheque you can present cheque any no of times.but when you recieve memo from bank with in 30 days you send notice through lawyer.
Advocate Deepak SabharwalDistrict Court, Amritsar
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- My husband wants to adopt my son from first marriage
- My stamp paper on which i got registration done have expired
- brothers wanting share in property from father
- Can a quashed case affect my govt job selection
- Possession delay due to faulty const. & withholding charges