quesWhat is the procedure for cheque bounce case

I am a trader. I received a cheque from my customer against some goods supplied to him. The cheque was dated 28/07/2016. It was presented on 17/10/2016 & it got bounced. Again presented on 25/10/2016 & again got bounced. Now today 30 days has been passed. Can I still sue him under section 138 of negotiable instrument act?

• ansYes definitely you can sue your customer under section 138 NIA. You have to mention reason for delay. Send him a legal notice after that you can file 138 NIA against the person. The delay in sending notice or filing complaint will be condoned.

Advocate Shivam Sood

Ghumar Mandi, Ludhiana

• ansNo you can not sue bcs 30 days time period has been elapsed .with in three months from date of cheque you can present cheque any no of times.but when you recieve memo from bank with in 30 days you send notice through lawyer.

Advocate Deepak Sabharwal

District Court, Amritsar