Partner misuses the company cheque.
I am an engineer and started a pvt. ltd company with an investor with he being the director with 60% shares and me with 40% shares. The company account was operated jointly. However some months back i had given a blank cheque and asked him to pay the vendor. However he did not use the cheque and now when there were some issues in the company he misused the cheque and made it bounce by showing a payment of 2150000. I got a notice from the lawyer of the client against whom the payment was made that the company had taken a loan of 2150000 fro his client and we need to return it back within 15 days failing which legal action under Sec 138 will take place.I am very worried as there have been no transactions of this magnitude and don't know what to do. Do I face arrest?
As gathered from your query, your company was to make a payment to a vendor of a certain sum but your partner has given the cheque with inflated amount deliberately which has bounced. First of all it is clarified that if the cheque has been issued by the company then if there is any liability, your partner is equally liable in criminal case.
So it can not be said that your partner has misused the cheque to your prejudice only. As far as an action under section 138 NIA is concerned, primarily there are apparent lacuna, and I suggest you hire a good advocate to look in to it.
Send a legal notice for cheque bounce @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Police not filing charge sheet in court in motor accident death case
- Can sister in law get share in father in laws property
- Can teacher beat a student who is under 18
- Property size not as promised. What action can I take against builder?
- Seeking method to calculate maintenance as per Telanagan Govt Rules