quesLegal action if father took loan and gave cheque in mother's name

My father taken a personal loan of 5 lakhs against my mother named blank checks in 2009. The person deposited the check in bank. But these checks are no longer acceptable in bank because bank didn't accept the pre 2010 checks. Also I already done the stop payment of checks 2 years back. As loan is taken by my father not my mother. Now that person is threatening us to file the case against my mother. Does the person is eligible to file the case against my mother? If yes please guide us what to be done in this case?

  • ansAs written by you your father issued a cheque from the account of your mother. I presume that the signature in the blank cheque is of your mother. If the bank is not accepting the cheque then how can he file a case under section 138 until the cheque is bounced. And he cannot file a recovery suit against your mother because your mother has not taken any money.

    Advocate Siddhant Sharma

      Greater Kailash-1, Delhi

  • Send a legal notice for cheque bounce @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Cheque Bounce lawyers in India

Similar questions

I have issued a post dated cheque towards a loan from the current account of…
Dear Sir/Madam, i had done work of construction company they give me 2 chque both…
Me and the person who i need to pay has done out of court settlement…
Respected sir, if cheque bounce if cheque giver non residence in India means what to…

Cheque Bounce Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Diva Arora Menon

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly