Legal action if father took loan and gave cheque in mother's name
My father taken a personal loan of 5 lakhs against my mother named blank checks in 2009. The person deposited the check in bank. But these checks are no longer acceptable in bank because bank didn't accept the pre 2010 checks. Also I already done the stop payment of checks 2 years back. As loan is taken by my father not my mother. Now that person is threatening us to file the case against my mother. Does the person is eligible to file the case against my mother? If yes please guide us what to be done in this case?
As written by you your father issued a cheque from the account of your mother. I presume that the signature in the blank cheque is of your mother. If the bank is not accepting the cheque then how can he file a case under section 138 until the cheque is bounced. And he cannot file a recovery suit against your mother because your mother has not taken any money.
Advocate Siddhant SharmaGreater Kailash-1, Delhi
Send a legal notice for cheque bounce @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Is husband liable to pay loan for house in wife's name after divorce
- False case under section 354
- Buying property but builder not providing OC certificate. Is it safe?
- Procedure of Restitution of Conjugal Rights after filling it
- A couple rammed into my bike. I pay the amt.?