How can I save myself from a false cheque bounce complaint against me
I had put a committee with a shop keeper worth Rs.9 Lacs. Against that he had kept a cheque from me – blank cheque. When the committee got over then he threatened that he will fill any amount and bounce the cheque and will file a case against me. We filed complaint in EOW where the complaint is pending. Now he has filled the cheque for Rs.45 Lacs and the cheque got bounced due to stop payment request from me. Now how do I safeguard myself?
As you stated the cheque has bounced. The next possible step that he is going to take is to send a legal notice to you and after that file a case against you.
So we advice you to reply to the legal notice at the earliest after receiving it. And also hire an advocate to constest the case(if filed) on your behalf.
You can also lodge a police complaint against that person under the appropriate sections of the Indian Penal Code.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Cheated by Snapdeal gave wrong product intentionally what to do
- Wrong position offered. Illegally terminated. What legal action?
- Can husband file for divorce without giving alimony to wife
- Sister in law filed domestic violence case against family what to do
- Want to know procedure for demerger and removable of director