quesHow can I save myself from a false cheque bounce complaint against me

I had put a committee with a shop keeper worth Rs.9 Lacs. Against that he had kept a cheque from me – blank cheque. When the committee got over then he threatened that he will fill any amount and bounce the cheque and will file a case against me. We filed complaint in EOW where the complaint is pending. Now he has filled the cheque for Rs.45 Lacs and the cheque got bounced due to stop payment request from me. Now how do I safeguard myself?

  • ans

    As you stated the cheque has bounced. The next possible step that he is going to take is to send a legal notice to you and after that file a case against you.

    So we advice you to reply to the legal notice at the earliest after receiving it. And also hire an advocate to constest the case(if filed) on your behalf. 

    You can also lodge a police complaint against that person under the appropriate sections of the Indian Penal Code.

  • Know what should be done for cheque bounce case with this legal guide by LawRato.
  • Send a legal notice for cheque bounce @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Cheque Bounce lawyers in India

Similar questions

I am job seeker going one Consultancy and registered 1000 amt after person tell me…
How to proceed and contact lawyer if cheque issued by an individual bounces. What's the…

Lent Rs.7,50,000/- by cheque about 15 years. Recently he has issued a cheque . My…

My job agent cheated with me a fake job in Dubai. He asked me to…

Cheque Bounce Lawyers in India

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly