Got a cheque from a guy and it get bounced what to do - FREE LEGAL ADVICE

quesGot a cheque from a guy and it get bounced what to do

I got a cheque from a guy whom i have given loan, now cheque is bounced. And that guy is not want to give my money back. What can i do to get atleast a partial amount from his account because I need money urgently.

As per your query, you can send a legal notice to the person for cheque bounce and if he doesn’t respond then you can file a criminal complaint against him as well. As for the loan amount, you can file a recovery suit against the person.

• ansI got a cheque from a guy whom i have given loan, now cheque is bounced. And that guy is not want to give my money back. What can i do to get atleast a partial amount from his account because I need money urgently.

advise:
    you need to file a case against him U/s. 138 of NI Act in the lower court. the court will award you double the amount of cheque amount and punish him by sending jail.

Rgds
    Raghvendra Singh Raghuvanshi
    Advocate-High Court of MP-Indore

• ansYou have to send him a legal notice within one month from the date of intimation from the bank about dishonour of cheque . Therafter if within one month of service of notice he does repay you the money then you can file a criminal case for dishonour of cheque. There is no other remedy by which you can get immidiate return.

• Send a legal notice for cheque bounce @ Rs. 1999/- only