friend not returning money
Dear Sir, I gave Rs 5,00,000 to my friend for business and he gave me cheque of same amount for guarantee.And he promished that if i need my money back than let me know 1 month advance so that i will return your money.And when i asked my money back before 2 months than he is not ready to pay the amount.So please suggest what should be the path forward.As i have cheque in hand.
First you should fill up the cheque and present it in bank for encashment. If it bounces then issue a lawyer's notice for recovery of money under 148 NI act, and file a case for his prosecution for cheque bonce if he does not honor the notice.
Simultaneously, file a case for recovery of amount advanced along with interest and the amount you incur on availing the services of your lawyer.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Company compelling to resign due to cost cutting. What can I do?
- How can I make my uncle and aunt my legal parents
- How can my father claim share in grand father's property who is alive
- Court Marriage in Pune for Muslims
- Is registration of Will after the death of the testator valid