File a cheque bounce case , after 9 months from check bounce date
Person had given a 2 cheque which was rejected due to insufficient fund's, the party agreed to pay the money in few months. But after 10 month, he denies to pay the amount and he doesn't pick my call as well.. Is there anyway I could file a case on him and get my money back. Cheque was presented in July/2014 Till now he has not paid a single rupee. He gave medical reasons and delayed response till now. Please suggest me a good solution to get my money back..
You cannot file a case under Section 138 of Negotiable Instrument Act because you were required to file the case within 45 days.
Now you have civil remedy available wherein you can file a summary suit under Order 37 Rule 1 and thereby claiming the principal amount alongwith interest @24% per annum.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can I get my daughter's custody, alimony and half ownership of flat
- If bail is rejected from all the courts what can be done
- Want to Change DOB in Passport
- Protection for men against extreme provocation and assault by women
- Are mobile phone recording admissible evidence in court