quesFile a cheque bounce case , after 9 months from check bounce date

Person had given a 2 cheque which was rejected due to insufficient fund's, the party agreed to pay the money in few months. But after 10 month, he denies to pay the amount and he doesn't pick my call as well.. Is there anyway I could file a case on him and get my money back. Cheque was presented in July/2014 Till now he has not paid a single rupee. He gave medical reasons and delayed response till now. Please suggest me a good solution to get my money back..

  • ans

    You cannot file a case under Section 138 of Negotiable Instrument Act because you were required to file the case within 45 days.

    Now you have civil remedy available wherein you can file a summary suit under Order 37 Rule 1 and thereby claiming the principal amount  alongwith interest @24% per annum.

  • Send a legal notice for cheque bounce @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Cheque Bounce lawyers in India

Similar questions

In May 2, 2016 I put check of 8000 in my bank. That was bounced…
I have a cheque which I have not applied yet but I doubt that it…
we paid the money and received rubberstamp on plain paper briefing amount and cheque number…
I am a accused, but complainant given cash to my colleague and taken letter from…

Cheque Bounce Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Diva Arora Menon

  Nizamuddin East
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly