quesCompany promised to pay after their cheque bounced. No reply. Option?

I worked in a BPO company in Gurgaon in 2012, and I resigned in August 2012, after serving 1 month notice period. Cheque issued by company for my salary for the month of July 2012 (Rs. 30000) was dishonored by the bank, and I haven't received my wages for final 9 days of Aug 2012 as well.


My company asked me to courier the dishonored cheque and assured me that my money will be credited in a bank account of my choice. I am still waiting, and no one is available in the office to clear it.


Please help.


  • ans


    Expert Legal Advice:


    We suggest that you should not return the cheque to your company. Instead, you may file a cheque bounce case against the company under section 138 NI Act. The company has committed a Criminal offense and you will get the amount back.


    We can even seek damages to the tune of double or near to double the amount of the cheque that has been dishonoured.


    Further, you can also file a petition in the Labour court and get the appropriate compensation.


  • Send a legal notice for cheque bounce @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Cheque Bounce lawyers in India

Similar questions

Some one has misused my signed cheque and put a case against me. What do…
Hi There, I have given some money to one of my relative. That time he…
I had been in a contract with a driver consultation firm to get a driver…
Can anyone help me to draft a notice for a cheque bounce case

Cheque Bounce Lawyers in India

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly