Cheque issued in the name of another person
I have sold 20 Tickets at 600 each to someone. Now that person paid me the full amount by cheque. The name of that person is different from the cheque issuer. But I have an invoice in which the person has signed saying that she has received the tickets. Now she is blackmailing me that she has not received any ticket and is asking me to give the money back. What should I Do?
Since she has acknowledged the receipt of the tickets from you, so she can not claim those tickets again Moreover, she has not paid you for the tickets.
You should have given attention at the time of receiving the cheque. The ticket holder cannot issue a cheque in the name of another person. All you have to do is to initiate a case u/s 415/420/406 IPC against that holder and claim of the amount.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can candidate appear for railway exam if waiting for result
- irritation and disturbance caused by telecom company
- What is the procedure for mutual divorce and how much time to finalize
- Lent money to friend by account payee cheque. How can i recover it?
- Signature of granddaughter is mandatory for partition of the property