quesCheque issued in the name of another person

I have sold 20 Tickets at 600 each to someone. Now that person paid me the full amount by cheque. The name of that person is different from the cheque issuer. But I have an invoice in which the person has signed saying that she has received the tickets. Now she is blackmailing me that she has not received any ticket and is asking me to give the money back. What should I Do?

  • ansSince she has acknowledged the receipt of the tickets from you, so she can not claim those tickets again Moreover, she has not paid you for the tickets.

    You should have given attention at the time of receiving the cheque. The ticket holder cannot issue a cheque in the name of another person. All you have to do is to initiate a case u/s 415/420/406 IPC against that holder and claim of the amount.

  • Send a legal notice for cheque bounce @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Cheque Bounce lawyers in India

Similar questions

I have filed a petition of criminal suit against a person who gave me a…
One person issued post dated bank cheq for me After that he complaint the bank…
I had cancelled my property and got the cheque for the amount that was to…
Mujhe ek parti paisa nahi lota raha hai che diya hai

Cheque Bounce Lawyers in India

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly