Cheque forged by drawee. Bank cleared it. How to claim compensation?
I had issued a cheque from my companyA/C on 8-01-05 and extended the date to 8-04-05 on request by putting my initials on changed date. I closed my company A/C on 26-09-06 and opened another current account.
Drawee converted cheque date year to 06 from 05 and presented, the bank cleared it from my new current account on 03-10-06 without my approval.
My appeal is in State Commission and date is 28-04-14. Will I get relief from the State Commission?
What should be my stand?
Since the matter had gone into appeal, we presume that all the grounds including the ground of tampering in cheque was taken at the time of evidence. Whatever grounds were taken during trial can only be taken in the appeal as a standard procedd.
You should take the stand already taken as well to ensure consistency and genuinity of your appeal petition.
Further, the result from the proceeding cannot be predicted and depends on facts of the case and laws applicable. Any opinion on the case can only be provided after examination of the complete brief and case documents including the appeal filed.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
- Am I eligible for one time premium paid in a lapsed LIC policy.
- How to evict relatives from our house
- Company terminated employees not paying f&f amount
- Can tenant evict us if we are leaving there since 26 years
- Can a father share his property with her daughter