quesCheque bounced due to stop payment, what can be done?

A Cheque was bounced due to Stop Payment order issued by the drawer.What can be done by me to recover the amount from him.

• ansSend 138 statutory notice, if he doesn't pay back, file 138 in Complainant in Jurisdictional court.......................................................................................................

Advocate TNC Kaushik

Nandanam, Chennai

• ansEven if the cheque was bounced due to payment stopped by drawer, you can file a case for dishonour of cheque in a criminal court. But 1st you must issue a Legal Notice and if the party does not pay then you can file the criminal case. Kindly contact me for further assistance in issuing the notice and filing the case.

Advocate Suchit Palande

Parrys, Chennai

• ansHello,

If he sent a atop message to the bank without informing you then you can send a legal notice to him. You have provisions available in negotiable instrument act. You have to follow the hierarchy.

Advocate B. Sivasubramanian

West Tambaram, Chennai

• ansYou can initiate legal action against the party under sec 138 of NI Act. Stop payment reason also be liable under 138 NI Act. Notice to be given within 30 days from the date of return of the cheque. So pls proceed if want contact me.

Advocate K. Venkatesan

Madipakkam, Chennai

• Send a legal notice for cheque bounce @ Rs. 1999/- only