quesCheque bounced due to stop payment, what can be done?

A Cheque was bounced due to Stop Payment order issued by the drawer.What can be done by me to recover the amount from him.

  • ansSend 138 statutory notice, if he doesn't pay back, file 138 in Complainant in Jurisdictional court.......................................................................................................

    Advocate TNC Kaushik

      Nandanam, Chennai

  • ansEven if the cheque was bounced due to payment stopped by drawer, you can file a case for dishonour of cheque in a criminal court. But 1st you must issue a Legal Notice and if the party does not pay then you can file the criminal case. Kindly contact me for further assistance in issuing the notice and filing the case.

    Advocate Suchit Palande

      Parrys, Chennai

  • ansHello,

    If he sent a atop message to the bank without informing you then you can send a legal notice to him. You have provisions available in negotiable instrument act. You have to follow the hierarchy.

    Advocate B. Sivasubramanian

      West Tambaram, Chennai

  • ansYou can initiate legal action against the party under sec 138 of NI Act. Stop payment reason also be liable under 138 NI Act. Notice to be given within 30 days from the date of return of the cheque. So pls proceed if want contact me.

    Advocate K. Venkatesan

      Madipakkam, Chennai

  • Send a legal notice for cheque bounce @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Cheque Bounce lawyers in India

Similar questions

My husband got cheque bounce notice. How can I solve it mutually. And is it…
In Cheque Bounce case to get justice, how much expenses / charges have to be…
Dear All, I have issued my spouse cheque to one person by signed by me…
Brother has been declared a PO in a cheque bounce case 2 years back. Now…

Cheque Bounce Lawyers in India

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly