Cheque bounced due to stop payment, what can be done?
A Cheque was bounced due to Stop Payment order issued by the drawer.What can be done by me to recover the amount from him.
Send 138 statutory notice, if he doesn't pay back, file 138 in Complainant in Jurisdictional court.......................................................................................................
Advocate TNC KaushikNandanam, Chennai
Even if the cheque was bounced due to payment stopped by drawer, you can file a case for dishonour of cheque in a criminal court. But 1st you must issue a Legal Notice and if the party does not pay then you can file the criminal case. Kindly contact me for further assistance in issuing the notice and filing the case.
Advocate Suchit PalandeParrys, Chennai
If he sent a atop message to the bank without informing you then you can send a legal notice to him. You have provisions available in negotiable instrument act. You have to follow the hierarchy.
Advocate B. SivasubramanianWest Tambaram, Chennai
You can initiate legal action against the party under sec 138 of NI Act. Stop payment reason also be liable under 138 NI Act. Notice to be given within 30 days from the date of return of the cheque. So pls proceed if want contact me.
Advocate K. VenkatesanMadipakkam, Chennai
Send a legal notice for cheque bounce @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Bail application filed 1month ago,still no orders of bail by the court
- Is it possible to compromise in an attempt to murder case.
- How can I get stay order on construction
- How to refund the token money paid for purchase of property
- False harassment case put by wife, what legal recourse should I take