Cheque bounce case against father in law.
I issued cheques to father in law for a sum of 3,00,000 rupees as a gurante for the chit 2 years ago with out mentioning any date after that i paid back the whole amount as monthly installments for the chit during this period because of some family issues we were not talking to each other and now they are thretaing me to file a case against me by producing the cheques to the bank.
Please help me in this regard how can i get rid of this problem will requesting the bank for stop cheque payment will help or if they produce the same on bank and if they got bounced what will be the consequenses and what should i do i am already in a lot of financial trouble and this problem is causing me a life and death situation.Please suggest me what should i do?
How was the amount paid by you? Was it by a cheque or in cash? Have you kept a legally valid receipt if the amount was paid in cash? Did you enter into an agreement when you paid back the money to your father-in-law? If the answer to all these questions is no then he can certainly file a case for cheque bounce against you. If and when he files it you should defend yourself in court.
Stop payment instructions will only compound your legal misery. Contest the case on merits if he files it.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Developer promised us to give new flat but not received yet
- Self acquired property by father rent received by daughter
- Essential Qualifications for govt jobs
- Husband is not giving me maintenance amount what to do
- whether adult chat on a website with adults is illlegal