quescheque being en-cashed on false date

I had given cheque to the builder of my property in year 2010 without any date as insisted by builder as a caution amount. As the amount was exceeding the total price of property, i later gave instruction to the bank to stop payment against the cheque no. in 2010. The builder put the date of 2014 in given cheque and tried to encash it, but the bank returned the cheque back. Can i fall in any legal problem ?

• ansThere has to be a legal liability on the part of the builder for issuing a cheque to be charged as accused under Negotiable Instrument Act, under Section 138.