cheque being en-cashed on false date
I had given cheque to the builder of my property in year 2010 without any date as insisted by builder as a caution amount. As the amount was exceeding the total price of property, i later gave instruction to the bank to stop payment against the cheque no. in 2010. The builder put the date of 2014 in given cheque and tried to encash it, but the bank returned the cheque back. Can i fall in any legal problem ?
There has to be a legal liability on the part of the builder for issuing a cheque to be charged as accused under Negotiable Instrument Act, under Section 138.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What is divorce by mutual consent?
- Employers is not interested in Full and Final Settlement
- Can 6 months cooling off period be waived off in Mutual Divorce
- want to close the case because my husband is ready to live with me
- Wife attempted suicide many times I dont want to get into trouble