quesCase of continuous cheque bounce.

My self is working is residing in Vienna (Austria) My relative gave me a cheque but it bounced because of insufficient funds. This is not the first incidence, he always makes promises and provides a fresh cheque. But this i want to file a case against him. In this regard I have already sended him a notice. Unfortunately 30 days period is about to finish and i am not getting holidays from my work. Could you please suggest if i have some option left to get my money back ? if 30 days time limit is over to file the case. can i resubmit the cheque to my bank, and send him a notice again to raise new cause to file case. Same time, may i also request to provide me a format of power of attorney as i wish to get a power of attorney on my mothers name from the Vienna court and get it counter signed by Indian consulate. Please confirm if its legally valid and accepted. I am afraid if i can get my money back or not.

  • ansYou have another chance to re do the process. File the bounced cheque again since Banks allow two presentations only. If the cheque is dishonored, start the whole process of filing case u/s138 of N.I.Act for which the first step is to send him a notice. In case you can not file case u/s138 of N.I.Act, you still have the scope of filing Money Suit claiming your money with interest, damage & cost. Engage a lawyer in India who will mail you the POA in favor of your mother to contest the case for you.

  • Send a legal notice for cheque bounce @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Cheque Bounce lawyers in India

Similar questions

She was my gf she needed money but I already hv taken loan from banks…
I had deposited a cheque in my account which got rejected in the clearing process…
we rented a shop by investing 2.5L and due to joining govt job we had…
I am a accused, but complainant given cash to my colleague and taken letter from…

Cheque Bounce Lawyers in India

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly