Can a claim be made for old cheque under cheque bounce
Can we claim a bounce case on old cheque
On the dishonour of cheque you can file a suit for recovery of the amount under Order XXXVII of CPC. As you have stated that cheques were dishonoured few months/years back and you have issued no notice to the company bringing to their knowledge the dishonour of cheques and the life of the cheque is still valid which is usually six months from the date of issue. You please present the cheque again and on receipt of the information about the dishonour of the cheque you immediately issue notice within 30 days from the receipt of the information of dishonour of cheque to the company. The said complaint is to be filed within one month on the expiry of 30 days period of notice.
Advocate Ishan RohanMadan Mohan Mandir, Ranchi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Wife asking for divorce and share in my father's property?
- Can wife forcefully thrown out of the house by husband file 498A case?
- Procedure to get compensation for bad service
- Inter religion marriage wants divorce & child custody.
- Wife might file false 498a case against me what can i do