Can loan be given over post dated cheques assurance
Hi,a friend of mine is asking for loan of around 2,50,000 .he is assuring me with post dated cheques for next year with stated amount.how secure would my loan be to him.
You can give the same but whenever you take blank check remember it that nothing to be written on it except signature. And in addition to this you could do one thing more ask him to give an undertaking to the effect that "I .........Is taking loan of rs.......... From............ And I promise to repay the same within a period of........In default it would be open to take any legal action against me."
Crossed Signature on rupees one revenue stamp. With date. For further clarifications please feel free to contact.
Advocate Vinay PandeyAliganj, Lucknow
A loan cannot be given after taking post dated cheques to anyone including your friend. Though you can lend him money by giving interest free but you must make a registered agreement but you don't wanna pay stamp duty so u can make a 11 months notarize agreement by mentioning those undated cheques no.
Advocate Swadha KumariGomti Nagar, Lucknow
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Banking / Finance Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Is it legal to approve loan only if i pay premium of some amount?
- Fees to be paid by an aggrieved person DRT
- Need divorce from my cheating husband and custody of our daughter
- Married daughters eligibility against Peternal g.fathers property
- Will daughter have the share in HUF property