quesSection 4 of Arbitration Act. Award set aside. How to claim my money?

I had filed a petition under section 34 of the Arbitration & concilation Act 1996 to set aside an Award and pay the money to me with 24% interest.(The Award was which was favouring the ow the judgement has come setting Asside the Award. Now what action should I take to get tne money?

  • ans

    This question has been answered by one of our lawyers. See answer below.

  • ansArbitration Award is to be examined to see what merits your claim has got along with other documents forming the basis of your claim. We can institute a separate claim seeking your money. In case the award grants your money as well then execution of that part of the award be sought.

    Advocate Ashima Puri

      Saket District Court, Delhi

  • ansIf the order gives you a right to recover money from the other party, the remedy is of filing an Execution Petition before the court which passed the S. 34 order. As per S. 36 of the Arbitration Act the order is deemed to be a decree of the said Court and executable.

    Offcourse it is subject to an appeal filed by the other party under S. 37 as the case may be.

    Advocate Vanshdeep Dalmia

      Jor Bagh, Delhi

  • ansYour question is not clear and has a lot of typos. Was the arbitral award against you and you were directed to pay the other side? Did the section 34 get admitted in court? Has any order been passed in that case? The court will either uphold the award or dismiss in part or whole. If the section 34 order is also against you, you have the option of filing an appeal. However, at such appellate stage, you will have to deposit the amount in court and the other side may get the option to withdraw it upon submitting a Bank Guarantee. Please contact a lawyer before the limitation period for your case runs out.

    Advocate Dhruv Suri

      Barakhamba Road, Delhi

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Arbitration Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • IPC Section 199 - False statement made in declaration which is by law receivable as evidence
Consult best Arbitration lawyers in India

Similar questions

We had a comercial property but due to some financial problem my grandfather had to…
Sir staff selection commission has issued notification for chsl 2015 examination in April 2015 so…
I want to know that can I get my property evicted by process of Arbitration.

Can I amend the application if an Arbitration matter is in a stage where the…

Arbitration Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly