Does a registered trust still need to get a Trade Mark for its Logo?
I have registered my NGO as a trust.
Do I still need to register for tax exemption and Do I need to get a Trade Mark for my Logo or is it automatically protected by the trust registration?
If you want to claim tax exemption on your income then nonprofit (ngo) like trust, you should apply for registration with Income tax department to get 12A certificate .
Further, you should also get your trade mark registered because the consumers can easily identify their product or services.
No your trademark will not get automatically protected by trust registration.
You will have to make a fresh registration with the Trade Mark authority under class 45.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Arbitration Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Agreement to sell made and got advance but now don't want to go ahead
- Property jointly built on chacha's land. Now their son evicting us.
- Uncle doing illegal construction on grandmother's property want stay
- Can i play lottery in countries outside India online?
- What are the rights of daughter in father's property