Does a registered trust still need to get a Trade Mark for its Logo?
I have registered my NGO as a trust.
Do I still need to register for tax exemption and Do I need to get a Trade Mark for my Logo or is it automatically protected by the trust registration?
If you want to claim tax exemption on your income then nonprofit (ngo) like trust, you should apply for registration with Income tax department to get 12A certificate .
Further, you should also get your trade mark registered because the consumers can easily identify their product or services.
No your trademark will not get automatically protected by trust registration.
You will have to make a fresh registration with the Trade Mark authority under class 45.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Arbitration Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- House owner not providing rent agreement what can I do
- No appointment letter. Illegally terminated. Salary pending. Remedy?
- Broke 3 years bond with the company I was working for
- How to get mutation extract of 1980-81 issued by the revenue dep?
- Who is liable to pay amount if cheque issuer dies