quescan i file criminal FIR against landlord, he is not refunding security

Landlord security refund after taking possession. Should refund at the time of immediate possession. Not giving. Putting excuses that damages have been done to the flat. Now can I file a criminal FIR against him for cheating and not refunding my money?

  • ans

    Initially for the recovery of your security amount,
    you should send a legal notice through an advocate to your landlord asking fro refund of security money.

    If the landlord doesn't refund the security money then you can file a suit for recovery of dues in the concerned civil court.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Arbitration Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Arbitration lawyers in India

Similar questions

My father took personal loan about 5 lakh. Now he expired last year on 3rd…
I would like the legal procedure regarding university fraud. My university had brought at least…
I used to work for an IT company , I signed a two year contract…

Can you post a copy of HC Order granting and refusing leave of appeal to…

Arbitration Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly